Coquina Beach, a beach on Anna Maria Island
Pescara Lake Community is centrally located in southwestern Florida, home to some of the best beaches in the nation. We are located in Manatee County, 45 miles south of Tampa, between Sarasota and downtown Bradenton, a “Mainland Florida City.” The famous town of Sarasota is just three miles south of the Community, and historic downtown Bradenton is only three miles north of the Community. The Gulf Barrier Islands of Florida are to the west and Anna Maria Island is to the north. The Bradenton and Sarasota areas are known for their nationally recognized beaches, cultural attractions, history, social events, natural preserves and wildlife. Some of the state’s best recreational outdoor activities and facilities exist in Manatee County, along with 51 parks, two golf courses, hiking trails, miles of pristine beaches and the beautiful waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Manatee County and the surrounding areas offer a wide selection of shops, restaurants, performing arts centers and other attractions.
About the Bradenton, Manatee County, www.mymanatee.org, and Sarasota Areas
The city of Bradenton is known as the “Friendly City of Florida.” Downtown Bradenton has a mix of attractions with its museums, theaters, art galleries, antique shops, historic parks, waterfront district and restaurants. For the outdoor enthusiast it has beaches for swimming, marinas for boating and fishing, and is home to Snooty, the world’s oldest manatee. Three miles south of Bradenton is Sarasota, known as “Southwest Florida’s Cultural Capital.”
- There is plenty of shopping within close proximity to the Community; Sweetbay and Save-A-Lot are within walking distance; Publix and Winn-Dixie are within a five minute drive and a Fresh Market, Walmart, Sam’s Club and Traders Joe’s are all within a short distance from the Community.
- St Armands Circle, www.starmanscircleassoc.com, only 15 minutes from the Community, is an “island” shopping center separated from the mainland by the Sarasota Bay. There are plenty of boutique shops and a variety of restaurants, including Columbia Restaurant, www.columbiarestaurant.com.
- There are numerous shopping malls in Bradenton including Westgate Shopping Center, Carrousel at Palmetto Shopping Center, Southwood Mall, and South Trail Village Shopping Center.
- Because the area is home to fresh seafood there is a variety of dining from Mom and Pop seafood establishments like Anna Marie Oyster Bar and Beach House, as well as seafood chains like Red Lobster. There is plenty of fine dining available throughout Bradenton, Sarasota and the barrier islands.
- The Bradenton River Library is part of the Manatee County Public Library System, www.mymanatee.org/library, and is located fivemiles from the Community, just a short 10 minute drive.
- The Manatee Village Historical Park, www.manateeclerk.com/historical/manateevillage, is a collection of restored buildings from Manatee County’s settlement. It is a hands-on museum that lets you experience life in Manatee County before the arrival of modern conveniences such as automobiles and electricity.
- The Bradenton Riverwalk, www.realizebradenton.com, is Bradenton’s outdoor gathering place where there are concerts, festivals, art talks, movies, food, volleyball, educational events, yoga, skateboarding, fishing, crafts, youth theatre, and boating. It is is only five miles from the Community, a short 15 minute drive.
Bradenton, Manatee and Sarasota County areas have some of the best beaches in the nation. Along the blue-green Gulf Coast waters of Florida you can “Discover the Charm of Old Florida” on some of the most beautiful beaches in America.
- Anna Maria Island, is a barrier island on the coast of Manatee County. It is home to the best beaches, www.bestbeaches.org; the island sits on a seven-mile long stretch along the city of Bradenton Beach, city of Holmes Beach and city of Anna Maria.
- Coquina Beach located in the Bradenton Beach is a hidden gem, surrounded by beautiful blue waters and white sands. It is located on the peaceful south end of Anna Maria Island with free parking, lifeguards, concessions, picnic tables, playground, restroom and showers.
- Bradenton Beach also located in Bradenton Beach, where the beach extends north from Coquina and Cortez beaches, and features shaded parking and long views up and down the coastline. It has casual dining, ice cream parlors and quaint little shops.
- Holmes Beach, located in the city of Holmes Beach, is a nice quiet stretch of white sand and is a great spot for your beach chair and an unforgettable sunset!
- Longboat Key Beach, located mid-island, is close to Sarasota and Anna Maria Island. It is a 12-mile stretch of beach that has everything from 5-star dining to paddleboard lessons
- Lido Key Beach, www.visitsarasota.org/beaches/lido-key/st-armands, is one of Florida’s most pristine beaches located in Sarasota and around the corner from beautiful St. Armands Circle.
- Siesta Key Beach, www.visitsarasota.org, was voted #1 Beach in America in 2011 for its white sand beaches and the sparkling, calm waters of the Gulf of Mexico. The beach runs along an eight-mile long barrier island located along the Sarasota Bay and Florida’s Intracoastal Waterway where you can explore the mangrove forests, fish for snook or pompano, or dine at Sarasota’s dockside restaurants and pubs.
For the Sports Enthusiast
- The Pittsburgh Pirates, pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com, hold their spring training in Downtown Bradenton at McKechnie Field
- The Minor league Bradenton Marauders, www.bradentonmarauders.com, play in the Florida State League in the Class A-Advanced, at McKechnie Field
- The Spring Training Camps of the Minnesota Twins, New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, Baltimore Orioles and the Philadelphia Phillies are all within 60 miles of the Community
Healthcare in the Manatee County Area
- Blake Medical Center, www.blakemedicalcenter.com, located at 2020 59th St W in Bradenton is a leading provider of quality healthcare to the Manatee County area. It is a state of the art hospital that provides acute care and emergency services in a trauma center and is a quick 10 minute drive from the Community
- Manatee Memorial Hospital, www.manateememorial.com, is a 319 bed acute care facility which has served the Manatee County Community for over 60 years located 20 minutes from the Community
Arts and Culture in the Manatee County and Sarasota Areas
- The Village of the Arts, www.villageofthearts.com, known as Florida’s largest art colony, is a community where artists live and work in their home. There are art galleries, studios, bookstores, cafes, shops and other small businesses
- South Florida Museum, www.southfloridamuseum.org, is located on the Manatee River in downtown Bradenton; it is the largest natural and cultural history museum on the Gulf Coast of Florida which includes the Parker Manatee Aquarium and the Bishop Planetarium
- The Parker Manatee Aquarium is the home to Manatee County’s most famous resident “Snooty”, the oldest manatee in the world
- Bishop Planetarium is a digital planetarium where a star and multimedia show is shown and lectures and films are held
- The Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, www.vanwezel.org, set along Sarasota’s beautiful bay front has been entertaining audiences with a variety of music, dance, theater and comedy for more than 42 years; it is located only 8 miles from the Community in Sarasota
- Players Theater of Sarasota, www.theplayers.org, the non-professional community theatre located in Sarasota is dedicated to presenting a diverse and entertaining slate of high quality, volunteer driven theatrical experiences that educate, stimulate and enrich the entire community; the theatre is 8 miles from the Community a quick 15 minute drive
- Asolo Repertory Theatre, www.asolorep.org, is Florida’s premier professional theatre; it is a center for theatrical excellence, having up to fifteen productions every season, comprising of newly commissioned plays, bold reinterpretations of contemporary and classical works, and provocative new musical theatre experiences.
- John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, www.ringling.org, is the state of the art museum of Florida located on the Sarasota Bay in Florida, the museum is made up of fine art, a historic mansion, two circus museums and a theater; whether you are a circus, art, or history fan the Ringling has something for everyone in the family
- Mote Marine Lab and Aquarium, www.mote.org, is a research labthat provides care to injured animals; manatees and loggerhead turtles are two of many animals being cared for at the lab; It is located in Sarasota, 25 minutes from the Community
- Manatee County Area Transit (MCAT), www.mymanatee.org, has a stop near the entrance of Pescara Lake Community; it provides public transportation for Manatee County Area from 5:30 am until 7 pm, 6 days a week. MCAT has 13 fixed-line bus routes plus a dial-a-ride paratransit service, called the “HandyBus.”
- Amtrak Station, www.amtrak.com, provides passenger rail service; the Bradenton Station Building is located at I-75 & Route 64
- Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport, www.srq-airport.com, is conveniently located just 5 miles from the Community in Sarasota; the airport is a gateway to the southwest Gulf Coast of Florida
- Tampa International Airport, www.tampaairport.com, is one of the top 3 airports in North America and top 5 in the world and is just 60 miles north of the Community, a 50 minute commute
- St Pete-Clearwater International Airport, www.fly2pie.com, provides non-stop service between Tampa Bay and convenient destinations throughout the US and Canada; it is a 45 minute drive from the Community
- Sarasota County Area Transit (SCAT), www.scgov.net/scat, is the award-winning public transportation in the Sarasota area; Pescara Lake Community residents have access to it at the stop around the corner on U.S. 41
- State College of Florida, in Manatee/Sarasota, www.scf.edu, is the region’s first and largest public college, offering associate and workforce baccalaureate degrees. It is located at 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207
- University of South Florida-St. in Sarasota, www.usf.edu, is a high-impact, global research university serving Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee
- Manatee County Technical Institute, www.manateetech.edu, is a post-secondary adult, career and technical education center
- Suncoast Technical College, www.suncoast.edu, offers challenging state-of-the-art career and technical programs developed in partnership with Sarasota area businesses.
- New College of Florida, www.ncf.edu, is a top ranked, nationally recognized public liberal arts honors college located in beautiful Sarasota, Florida
About The Surrounding Areas of Southwest Florida
- Florida State Parks, www.floridastateparks.org, were twice awarded the National Recreation and Parks Association‘s Gold Medal Award, honoring Florida as the “Nation’s Best State Park Service.”
- Busch Gardens, www.buschgardens.com, is located in Tampa, approximately one hour from the Community
- Walt Disney World Resort, disneyworld.disney.go.com, in Orlando is approximately 100 miles from the Community
- SeaWorld, www.seaworld.com, is a theme park, a marine life based zoological park located in Orlando, 85 miles from the Community
- LEGOLAND, florida.legoland.com, is a 150-acre interactive theme park with more than 50 rides, shows, attractions and an all new water park
- Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks, www.spongedocks.net, are located in Tarpon Springs, minutes from Tampa, with numerous things to do and see; you will find Sponge Docks, Greek restaurants, bakeries, natural sponges, sponge diving, tours, sightseeing cruises, souvenirs, shopping and live entertainment
- Westfield Citrus Park Mall, www.westfield.com/citruspark, located in Tampa off of Veterans Expressway (SR 589) at Gunn Highway has many shopping and dining options
- The Tampa area is home to three major league sport teams:
- Tampa Bay Rays, tampabay.rays.mlb.com, is the major league baseball team located in St. Petersburg, their home field being Tropicana Field
- Tampa Bay Lightning, is Tampa’s professional ice hockey team skating at the Tampa Bay Times Forum
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers, www.buccaneers.com, are an NFL playing at the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa
- Tampa Bay Downs, is the only thoroughbred race track on the west coast of Florida, and is known as one of America’s oldest and most well-maintained racetracks
- The Ruth Eckerd Hall, www.rutheckerdhall.com, is a nationally recognized premier Performing Arts Center located in Clearwater; the Center’s traditional and innovative performances and educational experiences draw a diverse audience
In “Sunny Florida” is Pescara Lake, a Four-Star, 55+ Active Community featuring beautiful home sites, friendly neighbors, modern amenities and a great location. Please stop by for a personal tour of our active community and our inventory homes. Or call us at (941) 756-8702 for more information.
To view our Homes For Sale, Click Here.
Click Here to Contact us.